MARCHING BAND UNIFORM
Marchers are usually fitted by our Uniform Chairs during summer band camp, at the same time as being fitted for their concert uniform. (Sometimes, for our competition show, we may not use all these uniform items, or we may substitute part of this uniform, with a colorful themed show shirt for example. It depends on the specifics of the show). If gloves, competition shirts etc are required this particular year, they need to be individually purchased, and will be included on ordering day. The marching uniform will live at the school, not in your closet.
The replacement cost for this uniform is approximately $500!
The school provides the following:
- Hair must be styled according to instructions for this year’s show
- Socks must cover leg above the calf and must be solid black with no logos
- Uniforms must be hung up NEATLY after every use
- Be proud to wear your CPC Band Uniform.
.... an unsung group of heroes who we depend on to keep our sweet band kids smelling sweet!
Washing Instructions of marching uniforms (Short version. Click link below for detailed version).
Wash jacket and bibs inside out
Use liquid detergent only, no fabric softener
Use cold water cycle
Use gentle cycle
HANG to dry inside out on separate hangers
Once dry (24-36 hours), place all the items on the hanger correctly:
- Hang up bibs first, line up seams. Slide bibs on the rod and lock rod in.
- Hang up jacket so front of jacket is on the same side as the student’s name, and zip up.
- Return uniforms to uniform room. Each student has a tag hanging in their section; the uniform goes BEHIND the tag.
On some occasions, students may be asked to wear their informal marching band uniform. This is also what students wear on arrival to practice before a game or competition. This consists of;
- Black Shorts
- Black Spandex/compression shorts
- Blue dry-fit t-shirt
- Long Black socks
- Marching Shoes
On some occasions, students may be asked to wear their informal guard uniform. This is also what students wear on arrival to practice before a game or competition. This consists of;
- Tank Jersey
- Free form pants
- Team Jacket
- Tennis shoes
MALES -CONCERT UNIFORM
Black pants (borrowed from school)
Black Dress Shoes
Black Tux Shirt
Black Bow Tie
FEMALES – CONCERT UNIFORM
Black concert dress (borrowed from school)
Note: For the Winter concert, students may be asked to wear Ugly Christmas Sweaters (and we will reserve our formal wear for spring).
(Winter Guard uniform varies from year to year. Refer to Ordering Day checklist for more details each year).